28.11.12

Warsaw as a Candidate for the European Capital of Culture 2016

Warsaw was one of the Polish cities - candidates for the title of "European Capital of Culture 2016". Warsaw did not win the competition, but at the time of applying for the title have been released - among other things - these postcards.

Cards were issued by the Bureau of Culture of Warsaw City Hall. They were selected from 1,000 images submitted by residents of the Capital.


"It is worth to Look Underneath Sometimes". Palace of Culture reflected in a puddle. Photo Rafał Stankiewicz

"Mickiewicz by Night". Monument of Adam Mickiewicz. Photo Marta Kulon

"The Glow over the Świętokrzyski Bridge". Photo Bogdan Śladowski

"The Fabulous Palace of Culture". Photo Aneta Wieliczko

"The Cultural Giraffe". Photo Anna Lesiuk

"The Picturesque Warsaw". Old City. Photo Borys Czonkow

"Peeping at Warsaw". Warsaw photoplasticon. Photo Ida Strzelczyk

"Water Reflections". Warsaw waterworks. Photo Maciej Uler

"The Pink Deers of Powiśle". Photo Marcin Kenecki

"The Colorful Pegasuses". Near National Library and Hight Court in Warsaw. Photo Beata Maziewska 



3 komentarze:

  1. Hey! Thanks so much for this post! :) May I ask where do you have the materials from..? I took part in the photography competition and my photo is on one of the postcards. Unfortunately nobody has informed me about the publication. I would like to get the "physical" version of it if it may still be possible.. You can contact me via e-mail: ida.strzelczyk@gmail.com Thank you in advance! Ida Strzelczyk

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Ten komentarz został usunięty przez autora.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. PS I'm in the Netherlands and around now, so I can send you postcards from Rotterdam/Amsterdam/Belgium in return!

    I'll share this post on my photography fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/IdaStrzelczykPhotography

    OdpowiedzUsuń